Merry Presidents Day
Well I'm back with yet another half-assed holiday post (the holiday is half assed, not the post). When it comes to songs about Presidents it appears that we have limited choices -- hip-hop and songs of dissent. I more or less struck out on finding quality tracks that support our current president -- and it would be a hard task to accomplish. I recommend if you are looking for an endoresment of the current administration to try your local country radio station. In the meantime I'm going to post the lazy mans presidents day mix and ask that we all fondly think of our troops that have to spend yet another holiday away from their familys.
Also worth noting is the distinct abscence of Colorado in my 50-states post. Be patient -- I'm going to Chicago but when I return I will be back with some fresh love for Colorado!
- Blackalicious - Paragraph Presient
- The Pharcyde - If I were President
- Eric B and Rakim - Eric B is Mr President
- Wycleaf Jean - If I was President
- Bright Eyes - When the President Talks to God
- Ry Cooder - President Kennedy
- Jay Z - Dead Presidents
- Sufjan Stevens - Presidents Magistrates
- Death Cab for Cutie - President of What