The 50 States: Indiana
This locomotive of rock and roll continues to steam across the nation and the next stop is, Indiana.
Indiana, I wanted to comment that I felt like you had lots of interstates. I didn't want to upset your great citizens and it's true -- the only times I've visited indiana is on my way to somewhere else -- but you actually do have more miles of interstate than any other state!. You have also given us such great things as the Indy 500, the beginning of the Lewis and Clark expedition, the P47 fighter plane, Raggedy Anne, the first professional baseball game, James Dean, David Letterman, the only rotary jail in the US, top-quality limestone, studebakers, Van Camps Pork and Beans, a John Dillinger prison escape, the Gatling gun, the center of the underground railroad, Larry Bird, Bill Blass, Jimmy Hoffa, Michael Jackson, Shelley Long, Cole Porter, Kurt Vonnegut, and Wilbur Wright.
I'll also go ahead and say something that actually may piss some people off. Gary is actually the scariest, shittiest city that I think I have ever been to. I never feel safe there. Despite that, we still love you, Indiana!
- Drag the River - Indianapolis
- Al Anderson - Goin' Back to Indiana
- Wesley Willis - Indiana State Police
- Old 97s - Bloomington
- Al Bowlly - Hang Out the Stars in Indiana
- The Messengers - Greyhound to Indiana
- White Hassle - The Indiana Sun
- Bob Wills - Back Home in Indiana
- Otis and Shugg - Indiana
- 15 Old No. 8 - Indiana Road
- Jack Scott - Indiana Waltz
- Jeff Tweedy w/ Jay Farrar - Indianapolis
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- Starflyer 59 - Indiana
- The Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana
- The Revolution Smile - Indiana Feeling
- The Bottle Rockets - Indianapolis
- Fleetwood Mac - South Indiana
- Jimmy Smith - Indiana
Next up we have Iowa, so go ahead and contribute some songs in the comments if ya'll feelin' it.