Friday, April 21, 2006

My Suicide Note: I Will Never Be Eef Barzelay


That's all the note would say if today I choose to die. He played Minneapolis last night. I think in the process that he possibly earned his sainthood. I counted at least 2 miracles, but I wouldn't be surprised if a third was performed backstage. 1) the notoriously HUGE RIP-OFF called the 400-bar was offering $2 PBRs (trumpets!) 2) He played Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd and it was beautiful (HALLELUJAH) and for his encore he played Christina Aguileras Beautiful, and segued it into two-headed boy and then a very short NMH medley (ANGELS, LIGHTNING, !!!!!!).

I enjoyed me some PBR, I enjoyed me some Eef. I ran into several Jesus Freaks that I knew and I called them Jesus Freaks without even thinking about the fact that they might not be privy to the word on the street. I did not consider that they may not be enlightened about the situation and my mentioning of the term Jesus Freak. My friend Corey (who is now a youth pastor I come to find out) asked me about the term and I explained to him that I didn't mean it as derogatory or spiteful -- I meant it as complimentary and love-filled. It's also incredibly descriptive. Also, for one reason or another I have many friends that are playing for Jesus' team.

So today I'm a little hung over after $2 PBRs and some strangers shots -- but I'm alert and with it enough to post some Clem Snide. You can never have enough folks.

Oh -- and to all of you kids that decided to spend $100/ticket to see Death Cab in a DAMN auditorium last night when you could have seen Clem Snide for $10: you suck.
Also -- I have a dog for pretty much one reason: to meet girls. Since flesh has become obsolete, the dog thing isn't working out so well. If you're a girl and you'd like to meet a cute dog and then have me bother you -- check out his MySpace page. Yes, his name is Cowboy Dan and yes, he has great taste in music.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Eef Barzelay! I need to check if he will be near me sometime soon...

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell me youre not falling off...cuz i love this blog. but 8 days without a post? much longer and youre gonna have turning back to crack. ecspecially this close to my home state of massachusetts

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Robert,

I have a question for you about the music from "The 50 States".
Can you please e-mail me.
w.van.dishoeck at casema.nl

You would make me (and a lot of my friends) very happy.
Thanks a lot,

Wilbert from The Netherlands

1:41 AM  
Blogger wwjblog said...

hey rob!
its me, jesus christ! quit giving my friends a hard time. i too am a huge eef barzelay fan. i just interviewed him, which you might find fun.

http://whatwouldjb.blogspot.com/2006/04/jesus-loves-eef-barzelay.html

i love you,
jesus christ

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 09.14
louis vuitton, michael kors, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, ugg boots, burberry, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, nike free, nike air max, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, herve leger, ralph lauren uk, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, asics running shoes, beats by dre, mulberry, ghd, celine handbags, nike roshe, insanity workout, instyler, baseball bats, p90x workout, wedding dresses, vans shoes, nike roshe, lululemon, hollister, nike air max, longchamp, nike huarache, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, valentino shoes, nike free run uk, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, mcm handbags, nike air max, hollister, new balance, soccer shoes, mont blanc, nike trainers

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pandora charms, coach outlet, louis vuitton, converse, lancel, ugg boots uk, links of london, karen millen, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, ralph lauren, nike air max, converse outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, hollister, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, replica watches, oakley, pandora jewelry, gucci, swarovski, bottes ugg, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, louboutin, supra shoes, timberland boots, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, vans, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, doke gabbana outlet, michael kors handbags, ray ban, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, iphone 6 cases
ninest123 09.14

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors outlet online
canada goose uk
michael kors outlet
kobe 9 elite
nike store
longchamp pas cher
adidas zx flux
marc jacobs
oakley sunglasses
soccer shoes
2017.11.16chenlixiang

9:33 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

moncler online outlet
moncler
ugg boots
christian louboutin outlet
christian louboutin shoes
nhl jerseys
cheap basketball shoes
pandora jewelry
ralph lauren uk
nike outlet store

10:49 PM  
Blogger te12 said...

qzz0726
ray ban sunglasses
true religion outlet
ugg outlet
carrera sunglasses
cheap nhl jerseys
jordan shoes
polo ralph lauren
nike store uk
michael kors outlet
cleveland cavaliers jersey

2:00 AM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.3
christian louboutin shoes
off white
coach outlet store online
ugg boots clearance
coach outlet
adidas outlet online
ugg boots
tn pas cher
moncler outlet
canada goose jackets

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Blog Top Sites