Monday, April 10, 2006

New to You: The Umbrella Sequence


Happy Monday, loyal fans! I'm back in action after a weekend of hardcore, nonstop, unbridled awesomeness. I've brought with me today some grey-market mp3s from a local band that i'm a tad ooooooh ahhhh over. See, they are grey market because they are posted on their website in mp3 form, but it takes a little cunning trickery to actually get them from-ah them to-ah yous. I will guide you past the smoke and mirrors and I will set this music free. They wanted it to be liberated but I'm sure some record label somewhere convinced them it would be a better idea to make them difficult to obtain and obscure the beauty with the frosted glaze of an embedded windows media player, sigh.

The Umbrella Sequence played one of it's first shows at the YMCA blocks from my house in the middle of an incredibly suburban st. paul suburb. See -- I say I'm from minneapolis, but I'm actually not quite there. (Ahem, shut your mouth, minneappleheads -- I'm damn well close enough by my estimations.) Alas, I did not make it to this show because I wasn't 13 and it was "teen-night" at above-mentioned YMCA. I did, by chance, catch them as they opened for Kid Dakota several weeks later at the Uptowner. Now, I've seen The Kid umpteen times and his opening bands are usually snoozers. Umbrella Sequence just absolutely brought it that night, however. They sold me their cd. They could have sold me 10 copies. I was so fricken' impressed.

These kids are young, melodious, synthalogue tweaking geniuses. Oh yeah, and they write a decent song on top of it.

I've heard they now tour nationally since they were signed to OHEV Records (Kind of Like Spitting, Hot Hot Heat, some other bands you probably adore) but on their website it just lists a handful of local upcomings:

04.22.2006 - University of Wisconsin with TBA
05.05.2006 - The Triple Rock with TBA
05.06.2006 - Big V's with The Nina, The Pinta and Heros and Liars
05.26.2006 - The Uptown with Colonial Vipers Attack and Story of the Sea
07.07.2006 - The Triple Rock with TBA

Look for me at a show near well uhh.... me. I'll be the one utilizing the fake mustache in an attempt to obscure my blogebrity. I realize dear reader that the above vignette about the YMCA and my love for the Umbrella Sequence has told you very little about their actual music. There's sort of an idea behind that -- you'll find that I don't actually discuss too much music on this site. Music is for listening. So give it a listen. Move past Sufjan. If I post about it on this site, I am offering my personal GUARANTEE that you'll like it or I will proudly offer you eight times your money back.

Fellow music bloggers -- let's keep the incestous love-fest going. Let me know if you're going to post about the Umbrella Sequence and I'll throw be sure to give you a mention in an upcoming post.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this. I heard a song of theirs last week while travelling through a rainy Twin Cities rush hour on The Current. Good stuff. Thanks.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

Thanks for the tracks. I will be sure to mention you in my blog. Want to blog roll>?

therslweblog@gmail.com

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin pas cher, true religion outlet, coach outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade outlet, vanessa bruno, timberland, michael kors, kate spade handbags, ray ban pas cher, air force, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free, coach factory outlet, michael kors, air jordan pas cher, hermes, burberry, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, coach purses, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, hollister, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, air max, chanel handbags, nike roshe run, new balance pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, hollister pas cher, sac longchamp, vans pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, sac guess, north face, hogan

5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, herve leger, ralph lauren uk, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, asics running shoes, beats by dre, mulberry, ghd, celine handbags, nike roshe, insanity workout, instyler, baseball bats, p90x workout, wedding dresses, vans shoes, nike roshe, lululemon, hollister, nike air max, longchamp, nike huarache, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, valentino shoes, nike free run uk, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, mcm handbags, nike air max, hollister, new balance, soccer shoes, mont blanc, nike trainers

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pandora charms, coach outlet, louis vuitton, converse, lancel, ugg boots uk, links of london, karen millen, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, ralph lauren, nike air max, converse outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, hollister, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, replica watches, oakley, pandora jewelry, gucci, swarovski, bottes ugg, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, louboutin, supra shoes, timberland boots, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, vans, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, doke gabbana outlet, michael kors handbags, ray ban, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, iphone 6 cases
ninest123 09.14

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
air jordan 11
cheap ray ban sunglasses
marc jacobs
nike mercurial
nike free
nike outlet store
polo ralph lauren
tods shoes
abercrombie and fitch
cheap nfl jersey
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet store
nike free uk
true religion jeans
hollister canada
moncler jackets
ugg outlet

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:28 AM  
Blogger omar ail said...


Your site is very helpful
http://antiinsects.nation2.com/saudi
http://antiinsectss.brushd.com/blog
http://antinsectss.page.tl/antinsects.htm
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/
http://3rbclip.com/

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Blog Top Sites