The 50 States: Maine
Welcome back to our next installment of our tour of the 50-states! Maine has a decent helping of hipster indie tracks about it, so that's sort of a nice change of pace.
Maine gives us such great things as the eastern most city in the United States, lobsters, blueberries, the York that preceeded New York, toothpicks, Steven King, Dubya's summer home, LL Bean, Lighthouses, nations first sawmill, nations first incorporated city, the first american ship, the first naval battle in the us, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and this beautiful collection of songs.
- Ivory - Coast of Maine
- The Mountain Goats - Going to Bangor
- The City on Film - Portland Maine and the Pouring Rain
- Fetterline - Discretions of Maine
- Okkervil River - Maine Island Lovers
- (I DONT KNOW) - Battleship of Maine
- Maynard Ferguson - Maine Bone
- Robert Lockwood, Jr. - Sweet Woman From Maine
- John Linnell - Maine
- The Jeremy Days - The Clouds of Maine
- The Mountain Goats - Going to Maine
- The Underdogs - Maine Line Driver
- A Global Threat - The Maine Punx
- The Festival - Maine
- Richard Youngs - Wynding Hills of Maine
Big Ups to all my fans. If you have any ideas about songs from Maryland -- let me know in the comments.